First things first, thank you very much Dining With Lesbians for the nomination! You are one of my favorite ‘new to me’ bloggers! I find your writing interesting, educational and humorous. 🙂
Now, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I don’t know if have 15 “recently discovered” blogs to share but will try my best! These are in no particular order.
And finally, my 7 facts:
1. I’m originally from Indiana, USA.
2. I’m an Aries.
3. I’m currently in the process of trying Canadian beers. So far my favorite is Steam Whistle.
4. The first time I flew in a plane was at the age of 29. A friend of mine and I went to Scotland.
5. My new (Well, new to me.) favorite activity is camping.
6. I’m a soft butch lesbian.
7. And apparently I have quite the collection of outfits that I wear. A few weeks ago I asked sk how I looked before heading out to a fundraiser. She said, “Oh, you look like a cute soldier!” Last Sunday at church, I got complemented on my “suit” before someone told me I looked like I was on a safari. Ouch!
Lastly, a word or two about awards. Honestly, I’m not big on awards. However, in the blogging world I try to see the positive in these things. We all are here writing and like to have people read what we write. So, I look at awards as a chance to introduce and be introduced to other bloggers, more of a meet and greet type of thing rather than it turning into a popularity contest. So, I ask those that I’ve nominated to look at this in those terms and continue the process.