A big thank you to one of my newest followers krisalex333 for the Liebster Award. This is my second nomination so I must be doing something right with my blog. This is all just for fun so enjoy!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, which have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Following is the list of questions I am to answer:
1. Why do you blog? Writing and cooking are just about the only two creative outlets I utilize.
2. On whom did you have your first crush? Oh, I honestly can not remember so I’ll go with Meredith Baxter from Family Ties fame.
3. What was your favorite subject at school and why? History . . . because I’m a history nerd.
4. Would you like to have a space flight? How long would the flight be? I might go a little stir crazy if it’s too long.
5. Any phobias? Well, flying used to be one of them and I’m not too crazy about fire and tornadoes.
6. Are you superstitious? Eh, not so much.
7. What is your favorite sport to play or watch? Oh, I enjoy sports! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey. . .
8. Do you have a role model? If so, who? Yes, my grandmother on my Mom’s side.
9. What is your most productive time of day? Late morning or evenings
10.Do you have any tattoos? Yes, a turtle with a pink triangle on it’s tushy coming out of it’s shell. I’m still trying to talk sk into letting me get more . . . or better yet, draw my next one.
11.City or county life? I’ve done both. Grew up on a farm, lived in Chicago for 10 years and now I’m in an in-between town/suburb where I’m close to either one.
The following are 11 facts about myself:
1. I’m 5′ 0″.
2. I’m 40 years old.
3. I’ve been with my partner, sk, for 11+ years.
4. sk is not my partner’s initials, it stands for sinta ko, which is an old-fashioned (I told you I like history.) tagalog term of endearment that means ‘my dear.’
5. My favorite color is green.
6. I have two university degrees, neither which are used in my current job.
7. I make my own deodorant.
8. I’m a good cook.
9. We have three four-legged children: Sophia, Raffy and Mikey. And 1 fish, Hank.
10. I secretly enjoy shoe shopping. . . don’t tell sk!
11. I like attending theatre shows.
My Nominees (in no particular order):
Now, the 11 questions for those of you who choose to take part:
1. What is your favorite smell?
2. Who is the most influential person of your life?
3. If you could invite 3 living people to dinner, who would they be and why?
4. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
5. What was your first paying job and what did you learn from it?
6. If you are familiar with public transportation and you are lucky enough to hop on an almost empty bus, where do you sit and why?
7. Cat person, dog person or neither one and why?
8. (Borrowed from James Lipton of “Inside the Actor’s Studio”) If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
9. What word or phrase do you use too often?
10. What is the title of the last book you read?
11. What is your favorite dessert?