These gratitude journal entries are indeed getting easier, meaning I can pound them out quicker without straining too hard.
1. I took today off, from everything. I did nothing. . . and it was gooooood!
2. I talked to my favorite Aunt in Mississippi tonight. The news I shared wasn’t all that nice but catching up with her was. I am fortunate, lucky, blessed (whatever word you want to use) to have her in my life. Since 2009, she’s becoming more and more like a second mother to me.
3. I feel so safe and warm all snuggled up in my bed quilt – so much so I don’t care how un-butch that sounds. In this quilt is where I spent most of my day; snoozing, keeping tabs on the news and working crossword puzzles.
4. I am so grateful my gal pal’s immediate family members are safe in the Philippines. We are still awaiting word from extended members of her family but we are hopeful.
5. I found half a Rolo candy bar, pretty tasty!
I looked back upon my first few journal entries and I do believe my writing is a bit more uplifting, lighter. Some might go so far as to say, chipper. Peace.